WhyRU สายฟ้าซน : Chapter 7 [Part 2]




Author : CandyOnn

Translator : Haruhi

Proofread : Wendy


♫ 


(Sound of rain)

The heavy falling rain was producing a whistling windy sound, it made both me and Saifah rush whilst running together. Even though Saifah's building is actually nearby, both of us still ended up being soaked.

"What the hell? It's so sudden. It’s raining so hard that all is soaked." I grumble to myself when the room's owner opens the door, letting me step inside.

"Exactly. It is like a scene in a drama or in a novel."

"What damn novel do you mean? It's not the same." I reply anxiously to the guy in front of me right away. In my head, I recall the vow I did with ai'Zol.

"This is a totally natural occurrence. It can rain anywhere. It's just a normal rain shower, that's it. How can it be the same as in a novel? Can you not exaggerate, Saifah?"

There's no way it would be like that. This is reality.  How can it be compared to a novel?!

"Why do you take it seriously?" Saifah walks toward me with a towel. His eyes which are focused on me are filled with confusion.

Well, how can you understand this?! It's not you who made an oath with ai'Zol, it's me.

"I'm only joking."

"Joking is not allowed."

"Why?"

"It doesn't matter why, and what about my bracelet? I want it so that I can hurry back." I gesture with one hand out, asking for my customised guitar pick bracelet from the owner of the room.

"Why do you need to hurry back? It's still heavily raining outside."

"It's still manageable. You do have an umbrella for me to borrow right?"

"I do. But it is still raining heavily, and you are still soaked."

"It's fine."

"But, if you are this soaked, do you think the driver would let you sit in his van?"

"..."

"..."

"That's right. Go shower and change into dry clothes first. This soaked, you look like a puppy who fell into the water." Said Saifah whilst he tries to give the towel in his hand, but I'm not close enough to receive it.

"I don't want it. I want to go back!"

"..."

Saifah doesn't say anything, he just shows a plain expression as his reply instead. Seeing him like this stuns me with fear. I never experienced such a mood of him before, and never thought it would turn out so scary that I would feel anxious.

"W-Well, I don't have any spare clothes. My boxer is also wet. Will you let me wear yours though?"

"I do have spare clothes. As for the boxer, I have a new one in the closet. And can you not talk too much, Zon? You are shaking due to the cold... go take a shower already."

"..." I've not yet answered the guy before me. I keep quiet and portray an unpleased face until Saifah places the towel on my head and gives me a gentle nudge.

"Go!"

"Yessss. I will go" But is it necessary to make such a stern voice though?!

I agree to take a shower like Saifah told me to. Right after I'm done with my shower, I walk out and notice a new set of clothes on the bed.

"Well, wait just a moment. I'm going to take a shower as well."

"Sure."

I nod as an answer to the room's owner while I'm heading for the new set, putting them on. Although it is quite big, it still fits. It doesn't feel too baggy on me.

After that, since I have nothing to do, I decide to explore his room until I see a guitar placed on the floor. I pick it up as I make my way over to sit, giving it a few strums. It is not that I strum them perfectly. It’s just a random strum since the chord still gives a rhythm sound.

(Door opens)

It’s the sound of the bathroom's door that opened, where Saifah steps out with a small towel on his head, drying his hair.

"You showered for way too long.I thought you already fell down and hit your head on the floor in the bathroom. Luckily, I didn't call Poh Teck Tung yet."

[T/N: Poh Teck Tung is a foundation service to collect dead bodies]

"Well I'm not taking a bath like someone else... and I'm not sure whether he's used soap or not?"

"I used it!" I respond to the person who's smiling annoyingly. In the end, I stop paying attention to him and get back to strumming the guitar. The next moment I realised that Saifah was already sitting by my side on the bed.

"What?"

"The guitar pick bracelet you asked me to make."

"Hoie, this is so pretty" I look at the guitar pick bracelet in Saifah's hand which he held out towards me before I take it and lay it over on my own wrist. "Thank you na."

"Eumm." Saifah hums, "Why don't you try to play."

I do as he instructed and I find it is much easier to play this way. It is much easier to strum compared to using only fingers, but when I try to hit the chord, some of the jarring sounds could still be heard.

 "So how is it? Is it okay?" The room's owner asks me when I try to play the guitar for a moment.

"Okay na. It is much better than using my fingers to strum but damn, I couldn't remember the chord well."

"Take it slowly. When you practice, you will remember it after a while."

"My memory is damn terrible."

"Look at you already knowing this."

"You have such a loose-tongue right."

I gaze up at him and act as though I'm about to smack him until Saifah slips out a cackle. At first, I'm trying to focus back on playing the guitar but then something runs across my mind.

"Hey, what time is it now?"

"About half-past eight maybe, why?"

"The van for me to go back home!" I put everything down right away, whether it's the guitar or the guitar pick bracelet, I just don't have time to think properly right now.

"Saifah!"

"What?"

"I borrow your slippers and your umbrella first na, the damn rain hasn't stopped yet."

"Yes, you can."

"Can I ask for a plastic bag too? I want to put my wet clothes and my shoes in there."

“Sure, wait a minute. I’m going to find one and give it to you.”

The room’s owner then rushed to go find the item I asked for as soon as I send him a gaze, asking him to hurry. I spend less than five minutes, stuffing all my things into the plastic bag before I rushed to the van station.

But damn, as you can see, fate always loves to play jokes with me!

“What now?” Saifah who is holding the umbrella asks me, when the last van already departed and there was a notice sign, saying that the departure time has been set ahead of schedule because of the rain.

As for the bus, even though they exist, I’m not sure whether it’s in this lifetime, but they do pass around here anyway. We have been waiting for nearly four hours and yet not one passed by.

“You probably need a taxi.”

“Maybe, I will ask one to stop.”

I nod and breathe out heavily, exhausted. The cost of taking a taxi to return to my home is not cheap na krub. Plus, even though you have to wave to stop any of them, you also need luck for the taxi to agree taking you to your destination. 

My house is not that near though. If I knew it would be like this, I would have already asked my mom to let me stay in the dorm, it’s much better.


♫ 


22:35

It has been two hours since I tried to stop a taxi at this place. It’s not that the taxi doesn’t stop. They do, but just to claim that the taxi is almost out of gas and if the ride could be done or not, saying it is way too far.

“What’s wrong with all these rides that they refuse to go?! It’s damn nearly two hours already that we waited here.  Taxi nowadays, what are their issues exactly? It’s just rain, light traffic because others also don’t want to go. If it wasn’t for my van already having left, I wouldn’t even think of riding a damn taxi. The price is so damn expensive!” I complain for a moment, expressing my dissatisfaction.

“Why don’t you try to call Grab once again?”

“I won’t. If they don’t come, then so be it!” I already accepted the fact that the taxi won’t go, but when I called the Grab, not a damn person received my calls which made me even more annoyed.

It may be because this road has that taxi port nearby. Plus, there’s news about the taxi and Grab drivers not being on good terms because they hit each other for quite a number of times. In the end, the Grab side solved the problem by not picking up any more customers around this road instead.

“Come on Zon. Calm down a bit. There might be one coming around soon.”

“Emm.” I nod to the taller guy who waits while holding the umbrella, protecting both of us. “Honestly, you should just return to your room na Saifah. You already accompanied me for a long time. I don’t want to trouble you.”

“It’s fine. My building is just around the corner.”

“Thank you so much. If there is no ride that wants to take me, I guess I will be sleeping at my friend’s dorm instead. But damn, it’s already late, will there be anyone who would pick up my call though?”

I recall some of my friends staying in the dormitory, but I’m not very close to any of them except ai’Tor who is from a different faculty.

“Do you think ai’Tor already went to sleep?”

“Ai’Tor’s building is at the opposite of the university na Zon.”

“Yes, I still remember it. I used to sleep at his place before.”

“I understand that you used to sleep there, but what I don’t understand is why you insist of going there when my building is just over here?”

“…” I keep myself quiet, not answering the person who is staring at me questionably.

Damn, don’t make such face, I can’t escape it!

“I thought we already became friends.”

There… showing drama in front of me.

“I-I…”

“But, I understand.” Saifah’s tone withered more than previous. “I once claimed the girl you talked with and this probably made you not want to be friends with me that much.”

“That’s not it. I just don’t want to trouble you.”

 “It’s fine, I totally get it.”

“You don’t get it.”

“I do get it.”

“But your face is telling me that you don’t get any of this.”

Saifah becomes quiet and turns his head away, throwing his sight elsewhere until a soft sigh escapes me.

“Saifah.”

“What?”

“Look at me.”

“…”

“Now.” I order the much bigger built person to look at me.

At first, he’s damn hesitating but in the end, he still turns to look at me like how I asked him.

“If the next taxi refuses to take me, then I will be sleeping at your room for tonight… is that okay?”

“…”

“I ask if that’s okay?”

“Hmm, okay.” After Saifah gives his words, he immediately avoids my eyes once again.

However, just now I noticed it na, that he is secretly smiling which makes me doubt whether the drama he showed previously is actually a lie or not. But maybe that’s not the case because why would a person like Saifah feels pleased and happy at the news of me staying the night in his place.

“But you must go buy a toothbrush first na.”

“Yes, I know.” Saifah said whilst looking at the road again. “There’s a taxi there, why don’t you try to call it?”

I nod and wave for the taxi which gradually approached the both of us. In my heart, I could only pray that it will take me away, take me away… please do take me away.


♫ 

Comments are appreciated as always ^^




 





4 comments:

  1. where i can find personal saifah 😆

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love it😍 thank you so much🖤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really loving it, especially the scenes which are not part of the series❤

    ReplyDelete

WhyRU สายฟ้าซน : Chapter 9 [Part 1]

Author  : Candy Onn Translator : Haruhi Proofread : Wendy ♫   “You’re frowning all the way.” “Yeah.” I respond monotonously to the person ...