WhyRU สายฟ้าซน : Chapter 6




Author : CandyOnn

Translator : Haruhi

Proofread : Wendy


 

“Where the heck is that shop?”

I murmur while my hand is working on the phone as well. The screen is telling me the location of the guitar shop I’m looking for should be nearby this row. However, I still can’t find it.

Bukk!

Because I’m too engrossed in looking at my phone, I accidentally bump onto someone whilst walking. “Oh, you, what are you doing around this area?”

As soon as I gaze up, I realize the person is actually Saifah.

“I’ve come to look at guitar’s strings”

“Really?”

“Yes”

“Such a good timing. I actually want to get a guitar pick from the guitar shop, but damn, no matter how long I search for it, I still can’t find it”

“So?”

“It’s lucky that I meet you first. Can you bring me to go to see it as well?” I throw my pride and all the conflicts away to the bottom of the sea only for a guitar pick which I walked around and looked for a long time.

“…”

“Don’t just stay quiet, Saifah. Please bring me too na. I thought we already made peace?  And now, we are partners, so we can help one another a bit”

Moreover, I feel really exhausted. Walking around for a long time and yet, I still couldn’t find the shop. If you ask me ‘aren’t you two in a poor relationship?’ or ‘what about that kiss then?’, I will say that I forgot about it already.

Just for a guitar pick, I was able to forget all of it completely and regarding the oath I swore, even when I still feel anxious about it slightly, but I try to not focus on it until our task is finally done. Because I believe in myself so much that what I have promised before won’t affect my feeling, for sure.

“Can I?”

“What are you complaining of?”

“Well, you won’t let me go with you”

“…”

“Please Saifah. I promise I won’t go looking for trouble with you anymore. Aren’t we friends now? So, a friend couldn’t help his friend a bit huh?”

“…”

“You” I curl my lips into a pout, begging ai’person who I once titled as enemy in a manner that I think should make him soft-hearted a bit.

However, look at him, still quiet and always acting like he wants to go to the other way. “Saifah”

“Yessss. I didn’t say any words though, in regards of not letting you go with me”

“Well, seeing you stayed quiet, I thought you wouldn’t allow me to go with you”

My eyes trail over the person who is now walking to lead the way already. I still didn’t know whether in the end, he allows me to or not. To follow him from behind, I’m not brave enough since he doesn’t give any permission like this.

“What’s with standing in confusion like that? To sum it up, do you want to go with me or not?”

“I’ll go. Wait krub” I beam and hurriedly chase after the taller person.

“You-”

“What is it with me?”

“Nothing”

He shakes his head at me before he walks away, heading to one of the guitar shops in Siam. It is definitely the guitar shop I’m looking for, for like ages. But damn, it is located in the corner of a narrow alley of another alley.

Anyone who didn’t know about this shop, wouldn’t be able to find it, for sure. Because I remember walking through this side-street already, twice.

“Shop P’ is very hard to find na krub” As soon as I step in into the shop, I couldn’t help saying it to the owner.

“Exactly like this nong. Many people who entered my shop are telling me the same you did. It is cool right?”

“Err… krub”

Seriously? Couldn’t find the shop easily, but he considers it as cool? This P’ really doesn’t pay attention to making money or gaining profit, right? He is paying attention to ‘indie’, I think.

“And what brings you youngsters here?”

“I want to get a guitar string and for this guy, he is looking for a guitar pick. Anyway, can P’ help him choose, suggest him a few” Saifah is the one who respond while I’m more interested in checking the guitar and the price tag.

Some of them cost a few thousand while there are also some with the price of hundreds of thousands. I never knew before that a guitar could be so expensive like this. It is like opening a new world to me, letting me know.

“Well then, P’ will go get it”

The shop owner then disappeared to the back part of the shop and not more than five minutes later he  comes out with more than twenty pieces of trays, filled with guitar picks. There are a variety of sizes and colours. There are some which are eye-catching, but I don’t know what kind I should choose.

“The one that P’ take and let you see here are the good models with prices more than a thousand with discount of a few hundred”

“Ohh” I nod and pick up the guitar pick in front of me, checking it out. “And what kind of model is suitable for a beginner like me krub?”

“If you are not serious, then can take something that cost no more than hundred baht”

In my mind, I’m also thinking that way because the only task to be done is the task of singing at the football club. However, it would be nice if I ask ai’Saifah’s opinion first who will be playing and singing together with me.

“What do you think? Is it okay to take something around more than hundred baht?” I ask Saifah who is standing next to me.

“If it is suggested to me to take a good model, I will take it. Just in case you want to play again in the future”

 “I probably won’t play it again. It’s so damn difficult” When I respond to Saifah, I also feel a little bit hesitant inside. Because playing guitar is really hard just like I mentioned, but to say it isn’t fun, I won’t say it till that extend.

“It’s up to you na”

“…”

“…” Saifah doesn’t say anything further, He just waits and looks as if the only person to make decision on his own, is me.

When I raise my eyebrows, asking for his opinion once again, he just smiles thinly, that’s all he gives. In the end, I decide to choose a guitar pick with a bit higher price, just in case I would use it, just like Saifah advised.

“Well, can P’ help me to choose na krub. I want a good model, but not with a very high price. But, if the quality are the same, I want one with a lower price”

“Okay, if that so, wait a second”

The owner once again disappears into the store. As for Saifah, he begins to pick up the pick and look at it as if he is also interested in buying one.

“Are you going to buy a guitar pick too?”

“Nope, just looking for fun”

“Ohh”

“But, I think you should choose the colour that you want first na. I think these picks colour will just be the same with the one that P’ will bring out later”

“Okay” I nod, replying to Saifah before I pick up the guitar pick in the tray checking them out. Honestly, I really like black na, but if there’s other colours which are more eye-catching, I might take that.

“Here it comes krub”

The owner walks out along with guitar picks in the tray, which are about ten to twenty pieces. Damn, there’s already a lot to choose, only from the first tray.

“Nong can look in this tray. These all come with reasonable prices and each one is of good quality. Choose up to five pieces, then P’ will recommend which one is the best”

“Krub”

“Excuse me, P’”

While I’m trying to choose picks, ai’Saifah then calls out for the owner while showing his phone to him, so that the man could take a look.

“Just now, I’m looking for guitar strings from this brand krub. I’m not sure if there’s one in P’ shop”

“I have. Just arrived this morning. Does nong want to look at it?”

“I will just take it krub P’, I’m here to buy it anyway”

I shake my head in disbelief at Saifah who is buying things without looking at the item first. This is not a good thing because if it so happens that we are being tricked, what can we do then.

“What?” Saifah turns and raises his eyebrows, questioning me because he might see that I’m staring at him.

“Nothing. I just think that you shouldn’t shop like this”

“Like this, like what?”

“Like not checking the item, that’s it”

“I buy things regularly from this P’, so I rarely check it”

“Honestly, no matter how often it is, you should check it for your own sake. Trusting him is good, but sometimes, he might pick the wrong item and give it to you”

“Well, you are right though” Saifah mutters softly until I pat him on the shoulder, signalling him to not think too much.

“Next time, do check it. Not only the guitar strings, but you need to practice with other things of yours too. Do not only take it and instantly put it inside your bag, there is a chance of mistakes”

“…”

“Why are you looking at me like that?” I ask Saifah who’s staring directly at me with a weird look.

“Nothing. I just, never thought that you have this side of being thorough “

“I’m always thorough”

“Really?”

“Yes” I shrug my shoulder, answering him with a kind of easy-going attitude.

After a bit, I pick up two guitar picks which I recently choose, bringing them up in front of my face. “Why don’t you help me a bit to choose which colour suit me better between white and black”

“Both colours are suitable”

“I ask only one ai’Saifah”

“How about black? It should suit you better”

“Then, I will take black” I beam and turn to look at the owner who was coming out with Saifah’s guitar strings. “P’ krub, I would like to buy this one”

“Hold on” Saifah reaches out for my arm. “Are you sure that you want to buy one with this colour?”

“I’m sure”

“But, if the item has been purchased and if it happens you didn’t like it , there is no turning back to change it na woie”

“Didn’t you say that black is the most suitable for me, right? So, does it really suit me or not?”

“It suits you”

“If I compare between the colour white and black, which colour do you like more?” I ask him once again.

“Black”

“Then, I will take black. P’ krub, I will buy this one. How about the price P’?”

I’m no longer showing interest in Saifah who is making a worried expression, even when it is just slightly, I could guess what he probably feels. He might be scared that if I buy this pick and it doesn’t wage up to my likeness, he might think that I will blame him.

Anyways, I’m not that kind of a person. I let Saifah choose because I adore both colours, and he is somehow functioning to help me choose only one from these two, that’s all.

“This one? It costs two thousand baht. But it seems like nong just started to play, so P’ will consider it as one thousand baht”

“Huh? Are you serious P’?”

“Yes, one thousand baht only. Wait, P’ will put it inside a bag”

“Thank you so much krub” After I say it, I take out a one thousand baht note and give it to the shop owner at once.

And as for him, he walks away to get a small bag for me, while Saifah still couldn’t get his eyes away from me.

“Why are you staring at my face?”

“You choose the colour that I chose”

“Why are you worried so much Saifah? The colour that you choose, I also like it”

“…”

“I really like it” I reply to the person before me who seems to be worried.

He might be scared that I buy it then it turn into waste instead. The thought that we are hating each other and will not like the things that one person chose even when it is good and suitable for us, I already threw away that kind of thought na.

Because right now, I have opened my heart for him a little more than yesterday. And regarding the kiss that happened that night, if I think of it as only an accident, then that is how it should be.

“What’s wrong? Why does your face seem red? Are you sick?” I ask Saifah who damn suddenly turned red.

“Nope, I’m just feeling hot na”

I nod in reply and not long after that, the shop owner returns with a plastic bag where he put the black coloured guitar pick inside.

“Thank you so much na nong for supporting P’ shop. If you have played and intend to buy a guitar, you can stop by my shop again”

“Sure krub”

I nod at the shop owner confidently, but I don’t really know whether can I buy a guitar like how P’ suggested. Because recently, just pressing onto the guitar chord, I already think that it is out of my capability. I’m scared that if I buy a guitar, it will be kept and abandoned for termite to eat instead.

“If that so, I will leave first na P’. If there’s a chance, we might meet again”

“Krub, good luck krub nong” 

I nod to the shop owner before walking out and stop to wait for Saifah who is still in the shop.

I take the guitar pick from the plastic bag and take it out, examining it along with the rays of the sun. The price is damn, for something so small like a chilli pepper. I don’t know whether I have chosen an appropriate price for a guitar pick to go along with my ability.

“What are you doing?” Asked Saifah.

“Nothing, I’m just thinking that a guitar pick is just this small, but its price is one thousand baht. If it’s lost, I will definitely feel regret”

“Then, do keep it safe”

“I know”

I say while stuffing the guitar pick inside one of the section for cards in my wallet. After I’m done, I raise my head and my eyebrows frowned at the person questioning. But instead of him being pleased, Saifah makes a puzzled face as he reply.

“Why are you making such a face?”

“I’m just thinking that the fact that you keep it inside the card slots like this, when you want to take out a card later, there is a chance that it will get lost, for sure”

“That’s true” I didn’t think about this earlier. “But, I don’t know where to put it. I can only keep it inside my wallet since it is always with me. If I put it inside the big bag, it might get lost sooner than this”

“Make it as a bracelet”

“Where should I make it?” I sigh before I gaze at the guitar pick in my hand when an idea pops up inside my head, it sparks my hope up like that. “Or you do it?”

“…”

“Saifah, you can do it right?” I look in a pleading manner to the person who is still quiet. “Come on, make it for me. Please. Well, aren’t we friends now? Come on, make it for a friend”

“I don’t have the tools, not even the braided strings. All I have at my place is the tools to puncture a guitar pick and also a small hanging loop”

“If that’s so, then let’s go buy the wrist bracelet together. And then you can take it and make something nice for me…”

“…”

I stare at the face which is still silent. “Or do you have an appointment somewhere else?”

Damn! My tone of voice didn’t sound begging, right? My face right now, it also doesn’t look at him with hope, isn’t it?

Because when Saifah turns to look at me, he also is making a face like he couldn’t go.

“But, if you have another appointment, it is fine Saifah. I understand” The tone of my voice is clearly lying. 

“No. I don’t have any appointment somewhere else”

“Then, can we go together? Go choose it together”

“…”

“Please~”

“Erm, let’s go”

Damn ai’Saifah, don’t tell me that you are kind of considerate, because if it’s really like this, it is really a thief na woie 

“Why are you smiling?’

“Nothing”

“Surely thinking of something evil”

“I’m not” I deny “I just think what colour of bracelet I should go with, to match it well with my guitar pick”

“…” Saifah frowns at me.

“I mean it” I confirm again. “Well, let’s go then. I want to choose the bracelet”

After I say it, I push Saifah’s back so that he could lead me to go to the shop which sells bracelets right away.




Saifah and I spend almost the entire day choosing a bracelet to match with the guitar pick, which we didn’t get in Siam because the price is quite expensive and the bracelets didn’t seem pretty as well. Saifah then asked me to follow him to Wang Lang street.

Do you believe that he and I walked around together until we are totally exhausted. Getting into this one small shop, when it is actually the shop when we first walked past instead.

However, do you believe that going around with Saifah this time, it makes me know the person in front of me better and most importantly, only from his existence make me realise that Saifah is not a bad person. 

He somehow is a good friend indeed, which in our state, guy vs guy when talking about different people, different interests, it makes us ‘click’ easier.

Until now I’m still wondering why in the past, he and I spent time to always bicker? Why not just chat together from the beginning? Perhaps it is because the incident that happened that night or it’s about pride. 

But the blame can’t be put on me alone, when Saifah is also the culprit for keeping on teasing me every time he saw my face. Keep on annoying me.

“When will you be done making my bracelet?”

“Is it urgent?”

“Nope, I just want to know”

“Usually, it won’t take long. Tomorrow is Sunday and I don’t have plans to go anywhere. So, maybe I can spend the whole day to make the bracelet for you” The person who sits opposite of me responded with his usual tone.

“Then, I can get my bracelet by Monday?” 

“Yes”

“You are such a cutie pie”

“…”

“It is really good that I can be friends with you” I talk while bringing up the juice cup and suck in a huge gulp.

“Honestly, if we cut the part where you kissed me that day, you are actually a good person. Number one na Saifah… err… I…”

What the fuck? Why do I suddenly talk about that? My mouth is such bad luck.

“What’s wrong with you Zon?” Said ai’Saifah while letting his chin be supported by his hand before he stares at me with the look as if I’m acting wrongly.

Damn it! Do not look at me like that, I’m scared.

“Suddenly, recalling back that matter, don’t tell me that you are still thinking about our kiss”

I gulp down, suffering in my own anxious feeling. The more the other guy stresses on the word ‘kiss’, the faster my heart beats.

“Do you know what it means, when someone still thinks about this?”

“I don’t know. Who would want to know it anyway”

“It means that the person is actually absorbed with what he’s done until it can’t be removed from his feelings”

“I’m not into it! I’m just… saying it for nothing, like drinking water, eating food, eating snacks. It’s just a casual story which I can say whenever I want it to be said”

“Calm down Zon, speak quietly”

“I’m speaking quietly. It’s you though, why are you bringing it up?”

“Isn’t it you who talked about it first?” Asked Saifah with a mocking look which makes me wish I could use my hands to scratch his face.

“Even if I said it, you keep on teasing. Can’t you pretend not to hear it?”

“How can I? A person who brings up the matter about the kiss like this, it proves that my kiss is really good. You can’t even move on from it”

“Bastard!” I throw my straw at the person who sits opposite of me. “I just talked about it, that’s all. I never mentioned it’s good”

“Really?”

“Yes”

“What a pity. If we can kiss once again, I promise I will do much better than this” Said Saifah with his eyebrows lifted in an annoying way.

Fuck! I knew he was going to tease me. “Fuck you! Trying to annoy me huh? Do you think you can kiss me again?”

“Maybe”

“…” I stay quiet, not questioning him anymore.

“What’s wrong? Why you are making a face like that?”

Yes that’s it. I’m making ‘that face’ which I’m about to cry because I don’t want you to tease me more.

“Okay krub, I will stop with the tease”

“Yes, stop talking too”

“Because the person nearby is damn, getting his ears red already. I don’t want to talk more because I don’t want that person to be even more shy than this”

“Bastard! Shut up!”

“HAHAHA”

Damn it, he still has the guts to laugh at me again. Can this be counted that we are being best friends to this extent already?

However, I totally get it because now I’m getting used to seeing his face, getting used to talk to him, plus the wall I set before is collapsing, nearly left with nothing right now.

If I’m being asked if I feel angry at Saifah right now, I would say no. But it happened because right now, there’s a feeling of dislike. I didn’t like it when ai’Saifah is damn, confidently assuming his kiss is excellent.

Even if he kisses me once again, I would still feel the same. Plus, our lips weren’t that deep into each other…

Not at all





T/N: Comments are appreciated ^^




No comments:

Post a Comment

WhyRU สายฟ้าซน : Chapter 9 [Part 1]

Author  : Candy Onn Translator : Haruhi Proofread : Wendy ♫   “You’re frowning all the way.” “Yeah.” I respond monotonously to the person ...